måndag 19 december 2011

Inspired by Finnabair

Like so many others, I got inspired by Finnabair. She has a wonderful mixed media style that makes the photo and all the embelishments just melt together into a whole. Her creations are the great foundation for my steampunk love. When I saw her steampunk layout in a Swedish magazine, I only knew that I wanted to do something similar so I created this in october last year.
With a huge disappointment, I gave up on this stile. It did not look anywhere near like hers. It took another few months until I began to find my style and I must admit that it's more fun to create from my own brain than to imitate someone else (especially when it is not even near as good). But this weekend, I got inspired by her again and made two layouts. The result was pretty good, but I realize I can not have such strong spray paints (that's what I normally use) so now I have to buy some glimmer mists. Well what do you think? This steamy one was beautiful before I sprayed it, but I have learnt my lesson. That's the fun thing about creating and life it self. You learn from your misstakes. (maybe that will be the theme for my next artjournal page)
I will show you the pink one another day.

8 kommentarer:

Shirley-Sirje sa...

Toppen igen!
Ha en riktigt skön jul med familjen och ett riktigt GOTT NYTT skaparÅR!
kram

BellaMio sa...

Underbart!!!

Sobre el Arte y otras Aventuras sa...

I think you're right. When we try to copy the style of someone else we frequently end up messing around and with a huge headache! Though we can use them as an inspiration and learning process ;-D
Your layouts are beautiful, very steampunk style . I know Finnabair's work from a while ago and she's fabulous but in my case, I wouldnt dare to copy her!! You're very brave and your result is great! tfs, Vron

Renate sa...

Jeg er mer enn forelsket i det du laget. Og den der skjønne møllen du har brukt der, hvor har du fått fatt i den? Jeg har lett og lett selv ser du.
Fantastiske farger spesielt i den nederste LOen din.

Klem Renate

AnneiSkogen sa...

Utrolig stilig!! Spesielt den siste var lekker!
Og det er ikke lett å få det til som henne, men synes du har fått det til på en utmerket måte!!

Pippin sa...

Verkligen jättesnyggt! Jag kan förstå att du är inspirerad av Finnabair, hon gör så läckra saker.
God Jul och Gott Nytt År till dig.
Kram

Tigerblomma sa...

Alltid lika fina alster i din blogg.

Manuela sa...

Me parecen fantasticos tus trabajos, un saludo desde España.