söndag 15 januari 2012

Art journal frontpage - mixed media

I've had a great day today, a perfect end to a weekend full of speed. Today I met three other scrapbooking enthusiasts for some scrapbooking and talking. I finish the day with an older project that have been lying for some time. Since polymer clay is so expensive, I wanted to test the air-dried clay. My conclusion is that they are not equal, but can be used in different ways. What I love about the air-dried is that you can build up the project with modeling paste and clay simultaneously, and shaping the clay so it is perfect before it is allowed to dry completely. So I did a couple of projects with clay and modleingpaste and let dry. Then came the hard part to know how I wanted to paint it. I think the white vintage style is so beautiful but it never gets pretty in the end for me because my usual style is so dark, so now I went with the secured card. Black, copper, bronze and gold. The flowers are actually pink but had a bath in my copper mixture.

This is my frontpage to my large artjournal.







As usual its hard to photo but this piece I love. The copper color is perfect! If I buy a videocamera I'll show you the finished artjournal.

6 kommentarer:

Shirley-Sirje sa...

Jag säger bara, vilken utveckling du har gjort! Toppen ART! Du har verkligen fått mig (gamla tanten) igång igen, tack för det! Fortsätt i samma takt!!!
Kramar

Päivi sa...

Så läckert. Och kul att läsa lite "recention" då jag aldrig använt dessa material :)

Stort Grattis till ditt nya uppdrag!!! Du passar verkligen perfekt in där med din läckra stil :)

Ha det bäst!

Ywonne sa...

Men... vad häftigt !
Så ursnyggt.

JAg har aldrig testat lera...men blir onekligen sugen när jag ser vad du har gjort...

Må så bra !

Katja/MezzaNotte sa...

Helt makalöst snyggt!! nu har jag en massa kvar och lära inser jag...

Blir så nyfiken på att testa detta...Hur sjutton ska man hinna allt!!

massa grattis till dig och till ditt uppdrag på stamp artic!! vad kul!!!

Carina sa...

Kan bara säga WOW!!!!Helt underbart fint kunde jag oxå skriva!

Barb sa...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the copper look.